Only a select few will win gold at the 90th Academy Awards on Sunday, but the losers won’t come home empty-handed. Over the past 16 years, Distinctive Assets has rewarded Oscar nominees with a lavish assortment of gifts, ranging from vibrators to all-inclusive vacations to diamond jewelry. The “Everybody Wins” nominee gift bags are mailed to the 25 nominees in the actor and director categories during the week leading up to the Academy Awards, which will take place on March 4 at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles this year.
Participating businesses donate all items and must pay a promotional fee of at least $ 4,000 to have their products included. But for brands looking for celebrity product placement, it’s worth it.
“We don’t offer Oscar nominees out of a sense of philanthropy,” said Distinctive Assets founder Lash Fary. FORBES in 2016. “We offer them for the same reason they get paid over $ 20 million for a single movie … because their personal brand has value as a commodity.”
Distinctive Assets makes every effort to make it clear that the Academy has no connection with gift bags. In 2016, the Academy sued Distinctive Assets for trademark infringement but they have since reached a regulation.
Since the court drama, Distinctive Assets has also toned down its extravagant image. At its peak in 2016, each bag was valued at approximately $ 230,000. Distinctive Assets no longer discloses the prices of individual products and the overall value of the bag, except when indicating that it is greater than $ 100,000.
“A great gift has nothing to do with retail value,” Fary said in a statement. “For years we have broken one of the cardinal rules of giveaways by disclosing the price. Instead, we’re trying to start a new tradition by simply celebrating the fun and festive nature of this legendary gift bag.
This year’s loot is sure to be festive – or infuriating, depending on your perspective. Read on to see the highlighted items:
1) 12 night vacation in Tanzania for two
This package of International shipments is the most expensive gift, costing over $ 40,000. The trip includes spa services, a private safari guide, wild safaris and a hot air balloon safari with champagne breakfast.
2) One week stay at Golden Door Spa
This relaxing retreat costs $ 8,850. The San Diego Destination Spa donates 100% of net profits to children’s rights organizations.
3) 23andMe DNA Kit
The $ 199 kit includes over 75 genetic reports on your health, traits, and ancestry.
4) Stay of six nights and seven days in Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu in Kauai
Applicants and their guests can stay in a two bedroom ocean view villa. Additional perks include a zipline adventure and a helicopter ride.
5) Donation of 10,000 bowls of Halo, purely for pets
These donations are made on behalf of the candidate to an animal shelter or rescue of their choice. Business intern values this item at $ 8,000. Don’t worry about celebrity pets. They are entitled to an assortment of Halo treats for cats and dogs.
6) PepperFace “elegant” pepper spray
PepperFace wants customers to “stay safe in style” with its stylish pepper sprays that contain 4 grams of spray. Bottles cost $ 27, though celebrities might want to splurge for the dazzling $ 125 sprays.
7) One year supply of Holy healer some products
This bonus includes Healing Saint’s Luminous Skin Serum and Hair Follicle Booster valued at $ 2,316 per Business intern.
8) Bath Bomb PETA
These vegan, cruelty-free bath bombs dissolve to reveal fun animal-themed facts about an Oscar winner or nominee. For example: “Odd’s is always pro-cow with Woody Harrelson. He was wearing vegan boots in The hunger Games!“
If that kind of humor is your bag, PETA has all its punchlines here.
9) Bluetooth speaker levitating by Shop modern innovations
Those $ 195 levitating speakers look like they’re out of this world. If floating objects are your style, Shop Modern Innovations also sells a levitating plant pot and base as well as a UFO speaker lamp.
10) Le Céline’s luxury false eyelashes
The nominees receive the 23 products of the Celine collection. Their best-selling box costs $ 330, although it’s currently on sale for $ 199.
Here’s everything else in the Legendary Loot Bag:
- a pledge from Jarritos’ iconic Mexican soda to donate a palette of non-alcoholic beverages to a charity event of the candidate’s choice.
- personal workouts with celebrity trainer Alexis Seletzky
- ALLÉL DNA-based skin care
- Avaton Luxury Villas Resort Greek Seaside Getaway
- BANGARANG Positive Cube
- Blush & Whimsy Magic Color Changing Lipstick
- Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation
- Charleston & Harlow candles
- Chocolatines 16 piece edible jewelry box
- Cook happy: Danish style recipe book
- Curlee Girlee Children’s Empowerment Book
- Dandi Patch incredible anti-perspiration patches under the arms
- Delicacies Sweets & Confectionery organic & vegan lollipops
- D. Thomas Clinic DNA Treatments from Head to Toe Signature
- fresh case of EpiFruit California oranges
- Esther Fairfax Lotte Berk Barre method private group lesson
- Face It makeup remover combo kit
- Luxury T-shirts Happiest T-shirt
- Hydroxycut Bio Weight Loss Supplements
- Inception of Beauty 10 Makeup Brush Set
- Justice for Veterans Challenge Coin
- Kalliope NYC Expert in Phobia Relief
- Liwu jewelry inspired by ancient Celtic symbols and Chinese calligraphy
- Look Fabulous Forever Prime Collection
- Luxura Diamonds Limited Edition Conflict Free Diamond Necklace
- My Magic Mud Activated Charcoal Whitening Toothpaste
- M Y O cosmetic cases
- MZ Skin Collagen Eye Mask and Gold Eye Treatment
- Creativity Kit “99 Creative Wows – Words of Wisdom for Business Celebrities”
- Non-invasive facial skin rejuvenation by nurse Gigi
- No. 9 Oumere Skin Care Daily Chemical Exfoliant
- A lifetime supply of Oxygenetix Breathable Foundation and Hydro-Matrix
- Paiva Aloe Magnificent! luxury fusion cleanser and mask
- Chic pretzels gourmet gift box
- Proven AI-powered personalized skin care powered by the Beauty Genome Project
- Detox Quincy Herbals SlimMax tea
- Beautifully simple electric toothbrush
- Fine Art by Reian Williams
- Pure organic maple syrup Red Maple
- Safi Kilima Tanzanite bolo bracelets
- Southern Wicked Lemonade All Natural Lemonade
- Gigantote green garment
- TOTALEE Hair Care Products
- Vaya Tyffyns Stainless Steel Lunch Boxes
- Wetsleeve portable hydration on the go
- Youth Blast anti-aging supplement