Find today’s news headlines here by Jagran Josh for May 13, 2022.
Current Affairs Today Headline – May 13, 2022
- Six people die of fever in North Korea, after the country announced the first outbreak of COVID-19.
- North Korea says 187,000 people are ‘isolated and treated’ for fever.
- PM five times Ranil Wickremesinghe back as Sri Lankan Prime Minister in the midst of an economic and political crisis.
- G7 countries condemn new Taliban decree imposing hijab on Afghan women.
- US President Joe Biden announces measures to address the shortage of infant formula in the United States.
- The HRC must deepen its examination of the situation of rights in Ukraine “arising from Russian aggression”.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken will visit Germany and France from May 14-16.
- A Sri Lankan court imposes a travel ban on former Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa and his family to prevent them from leaving the country amid the crisis.
- Astronomers reveal the 1st image of the massive black hole at the center of our galaxy, the Milky Way.
Also read: COVID hits North Korea: 6 deaths reported due to ‘spreading fever’ after country announces COVID outbreak
- India’s active COVID-19 cases have fallen to 18,604, according to the Union Health Ministry.
- Elections for Rajya Sabha’s 57 seats, spread across 15 states, are due to be held on June 10.
- India reports deteriorating rights situation in Ukraine to HRC.
- The FSSAI, Ministry of Ayush formulates regulations for ‘Ayurveda Aahara’ products.
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh approves 2022 Enhanced Accommodation Scales for Defense Services.
- India successfully fired the extended range version of the BrahMos Air Launched missile from a Su-30 MKI fighter jet.
- The Indian Army is to purchase another 12 Indian-made ‘Swathi’ weapon-locating radars for the Chinese border.
- India’s first ‘Amrit Sarovar’ to be inaugurated by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi at Rampur of UP today.
- National Human Rights Commission issues notices to Centre, Delhi government and Central Pollution Control Board over reports of ‘dangerously contaminated’ groundwater near landfills in capital national.
- The southwest monsoon is expected to arrive early, with the start over the Andaman and Nicobar Islands expected on May 15.
- Retail inflation in April hits its highest level in 8 years, according to government data.
- Consumer price index (CPI) inflation for April 2022 is 7.79% compared to 6.95% in March 2022 and 4.23% in April 2021.
- Industrial production grew by 11.3 pc during the 2021-22 financial year.
- India secured their first-ever Thomas Cup medal, after the men’s team beat Malaysia 3-2 to advance to the semi-finals.
- The Indian women’s team eliminated from the Uber Cup, after losing 0-3 against Thailand in the quarter-finals.
- Brendon McCullum appointed as England men’s Test team head coach.
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins April 2022 Player of the Month award
- Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by five wickets in the Indian Premier League.
Take weekly tests on the app to prepare for exams and compete with others. Download the Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए पर वीकली वीकली लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा।। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप